There are proper ways to pack your belongings before storing it. These are some of the ways you must know to avoid damage and breakage of your valued things.
- Get smaller boxes for heavier valuables of yours.
- Do not put fragile items and heavy items in the same box.
- Make sure not to overfilled some boxes so it won’t be too heavy for you to lift. This will prevent accident and injuries in your part.
- To avoid breakage of the items especially those that made of glass, fill a gaps inside boxes with papers.
- Dishes and glassware must be handled with care by wrapping them with packing paper. As much as possible, wrapped glasses must be placed at the top of the box.
- For holiday decorations, carefully wrap them to avoid tangled or if the original packaging is still there, you can put it there.
- Make sure to pack books on flat to avoid damaging the pages.
- For framed arts, items made of glass, mirrors, put them in a mirror box and do not forget to mark the box as fragile so anyone can handle it with extra care. Store them in a vertical position and never in flats.
- Store electronics in their original packaging if it is still available. Other option, pad electronics with bubble wrap, blankets or packing paper before storing it.
- Do not forget to seal you valuables and belongings with packing tape. This is to ensure that you can keep them off from dust and avoid damaging.
- Fragile items must be mark with “FRAGILE” so they’ll give an extra care for it.
- For easy identification of all your items, mark each boxes with its content on all sides.